Friday, October 1, 2010

" Who We Obey, We End Up Serving"

Jeremiah 44:1-2a "This word came to Jeremiah concerning all the Jews living in northern Egypt--in Migdol, Tahpanhes and Memphis--and in Southern Egypt as well. This is what the LORD Almighty, the God of Israel, says..."

Isn't it incredible that the LORD would speak a word to a particular people in a specific place. It makes me think of Riverside-Southern California...What will You say to us today? Will Your Words LORD be one of anger and judgement or joy and blessing? It's our choice.

The desire of God is to bless, but He doesn’t bless disobedience (Deut. 30:2-9). In Jer 42 the LORD said: "Stay here in this land. If you do, I will build you up and not tear you down; I will plant you and not uproot you. For I am sorry for all the punishment I have had to bring upon you....I am with you, I will save you and rescue you.....I hear the LORD saying: I have all this for you....come and receive.....and all He asked of them was obedience.

What do you do....when God want's you to do something...but you don't want to do it? What do you do when you know what’s right, but that’s just not the path you want to travel? What do you do when you and God just don’t want the same things for your life?

The words of Eleanor Roosevelt ring true: One’s philosophy is not best expressed in words. It is expressed in the choices one makes. In the long run, we shape our lives and we shape ourselves. The process never ends until we die. And the choices we make are ultimately our responsibility.

Deuteronomy 11:26 "Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse..."

As Christians it is essential that our choices reflect our obedience to God. Why is it Essential? Because Who We Obey We End Up Serving.

Romans 6:16 "Don't you realize that whatever you choose to obey becomes your master? You can choose sin, which leads to death, or you can choose to obey God and receive his approval."

Father, You know all things and see all things. Help me to please you in all that I think, say and do. Forgive me for those times I do not obey You. Let Your mercy preserve my life. In Jesus name, Amen.

Standing in Him,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment