Sunday, September 26, 2010

"Supernatural Vision"

James 2 "My dear brothers and sisters how can you claim that you have faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ if you favor some people more than others?"

When our son was about 2 years old...Rick and I were sitting on the couch watching him play when my Rick turns to me and said, "Do you think we should tell Joshua he's adopted?" I started cracking up and said, "Well, I think he's gonna figure it out!" And I looked at Rick and realized, he wasn't kidding. You see...our Joshua is Black and Cuban...Rick and I are white.

Our Joshua is 23 years old now and I still love to tell that story...because it's such a picture of Christ....my Rick had "supernatuural vision"....he had eyes like Jesus...who see's no color... "man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart".

1. SUPERFICIAL VISION "man looketh on the outward appearance"

2. SUPERNATURAL VISION "the LORD looketh on the heart"

Phil 2:3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. I can't help but consider how Jesus looked on me...how offensive I was dead in my sins...living just like the rest of the wold, full of sin, obeying Satan....and that didn't stop Him....He reached out to me...actually pursued me...showed me He loved me......offering reconcilliation, forgiveness of sins, eternal life.... What grace...What mercy...how humbling....

Standing in Him,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment