Monday, October 4, 2010

"Soul-Searching Question"

Jeremiah 45: 1b "After Baruch had written down everything God had told Jeremiah...Jeremiah turns and said to Baruch...and this is what the LORD, the God of Israel says to you...

God has a message for all believers as a whole...and like Baruch.... He has a personal word for each of us too.

Jeremiah 45:5, "...God asks Baruch a soul-searching question: "Are you seeking great things for yourself? Don't! And don't be discouraged...I will protect you wherever you go...I the LORD have spoken!"

If there is something in our heart that will distract or destroy us...the LORD comes and lays His hand on it ....this I require from you...not because I want to destroy your life or your dreams...but because I have a better plan...so don't be discouraged....and don't worry, because I want to protect you.

I have learned that the plan God has for my life is bigger, greater than anything I could come up with. Look at Baruch....He was the secretary of the prophet Jeremiah (Jer 32:12; 36:4). To him Jeremiah dictated his prophecies which came from the mouth of God. What a high calling, what a high privilege to hear the Word of God and be apart of recording those word for the Word of God (Bible).

But the work we do in service for the LORD...should be...JUST FOR THE LORD. Not to attain a position or recognition. God's word to Baruch is also a message for God's people today. Don't get caught up in "more for me" or "great things for me" philosophy. Get caught up in listening to the message the LORD has for you and be obedient to it.

"Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you." Matthew 6:33

Blessing on your day,
Sharon Schutte

No comments:

Post a Comment