Saturday, March 3, 2012

"Refresh your Closet"


At the start of each New Year, I try to clean up and refresh my clothes closet.  I remove and examine each piece.   Those I don't wear aymore, that are still in good condition, I donate.  The worn out ones,  I remove the buttons and toss (I love saving buttons).  All my other clothes, I organize by color and put them back into my closet.   The only thing different this year is I actually found a few pieces that I had purchased and never wore, the tags were still on them...how did that happen?   After I'm finished, it feels so good to step back and look at what's been accomplished.

As I was going through my closet I'm reminded that God has a clothes closet too...did you know that?  It's found in Colossians 3:12-13:   

Colossians 3:12-14  "Since God chose you to be holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.  Make allowance for each other's faults, and forgive anyone who offends you.  Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others.    Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony."

There's something about starting a "New Year" that stirs in me a desire to not only get my closets cleaned out and refreshed, but it also causes me to want examine the more important things of life as well...take a long look at my life and my heart. 

Is there anything that needs to be removed, something that needs to be added?  How are my relationships going, with my husband, my children, relatives, neighbors and friends.  Have I acquired attitudes that are hanging in my heart...that I just haven't noticed. Most importantly, how is my relationship with God going.


As I stand at the door of my closet....God stands at the door of my heart...wanting to come in and do some refreshing too.  Yes, LORD...come in, remove, clean and purify...refreshing isn't it❤


God bless your day,
Sharon

1 comment:

  1. "Come in, remove, clean and purify"--a refreshing prayer indeed!
    Love,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete