Sunday, April 17, 2011

Self-Surrender

"Yes, come, buy priceless, spiritual wine and milk without money and without price    simply for the self-surrender that accepts the blessing.  Isaiah 55:1b AMP                                                                 What comes to mind when you think of surrender?  Do you think of war, battles or a white flag being waved. Our nature is self-seeking, not self-surrendering...a battle is being fought...we don't want to surrender our will to the Father...that's why it takes us so long to"accept the blessing" of salvation...and even after we surrender...there's still the battle of the flesh and the spirit going on inside our soul (Galatians 5:17).

As I read this chapter and look back, I now recognize the LORD's work in my life as He was inviting me to receive Him, the Living Water.   In verse one, I can hear Him saying, "WAIT and listen"...as I'm running quickly to get away.

In verse two, the LORD has caught my attention, probable because I heard the words in verse one..."come, without money and receive something priceless."  Jesus isn't giving up on me and speaks to me about the things I'm chasing, thinking they will be bring me happiness..."Why do you spend your money ...for what doesn't safisfy?"   "Your right, I think to myself"...as I slow down and  begin to consider...and the LORD continues to speak to me..."give ear to Me that your soul may live."

The LORD's invitation becomes more direct as He pleads for me to come and listen to His Words.  In verse 3 the LORD says:  "Come to Me; Hear, and your soul will be revived; I will make an everlasting covenant with you, promised to David”

The promise to David was to love him, never forsake him and to be faithful and merciful to him.  This is where the LORD catches my heart and my soul...and I completely surrendered.

My only regret in coming to the LORD, is that I didn't surrender sooner. 

Standing in His Love,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment