Sunday, December 19, 2010

"Wise Guys"

Proverbs 23:24 "The father of the righteous will greatly rejoice,
And he who begets a wise child will delight in him."

I love all my children! And nothing brings me greater delight to watch them walk with wisdom. But, sadly, there is something missing when our children don't walk in wisdom and instead walk in foolishness. Proverbs 22 tells us that " Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child"....and until a heart truly repents before God and accepts Jesus...that foolishness will continue on into adulthood.

Since not all my children are walking in wisdom (with the LORD), my rejoicing or delighting is replaced with mourning for their very soul. But wisdom teaches us not to keep our eyes on the circumstances of life. Instead, keep our eyes on Jesus. I'm not saying we close our eyes to the difficulties of life (prodigals, etc.) and pretend the problems don't exist...we don't have to...because God is still on the throne!

My desire and I know your desire is that ALL of our children know Christ personally and for them to be delivered from the power of sin...and we aren't alone....for this is God's desire too! He is our hope....Romans 5:5-6 "Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us. For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
What an encouragement to know that God loves our children even more than we do and that His plan of salvation, was provided for by the death, burial and resurrection of His Son, Jesus, and is available to everyone who seeks Him.

3 John 1:4 ..."I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." LORD, A mother's heart is like the Apostle Paul who, if it were possible, would have given up his own salvation for his brethren (Jews) to be saved. My life's ambition is to walk uprightly before you and that ALL my children and their children would walk in wisdom, according to Your Word. I ask, I beseech you LORD that you would reach down from on high and take hold of my prodigal, draw him out of deep waters. Rescue him from his powerful enemy (sin), from his foes, who are too strong for him. Psalm 18:16-17....just like You did for me. In Jesus name, amen.

Standing in Him,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment