Wednesday, October 13, 2010

"A Solitary Man"

Mark 1:35 "The next morning Jesus awoke long before daybreak and went out alone into the wilderness to pray. "

We see today that even Jesus needed quiet time with God. God in a deserted place. Away from everyone and everything. He always found a time and a place to be alone with his Father. This is a wonderful display of the love Jesus had for his Father....making time, taking time to get alone and spend time with just the Father and the Son.

Jesus said, "When you pray, go to your room and lock your door and pray to your heavenly Father in secret." Matthew 6:6

My prayers are different when I'm alone with God....it's there where I can really pour out my heart, pour out the burdens of life, confess my weaknesses, my fears, my sins, ask for forgiveness ...holding nothing back. I can cry and I can sing...it's just between my Father and I.

In that solitary place...it's not always about me saying something....it's where I can just sit, kneel,lay flat on my face and just wait on the LORD to speak to me.

Jesus spent quiet time with his Father in order to draw upon God's power. We must do the same.....and if we listen real close, we will be able to hear His voice and receive His help, His direction, His comfort and His strength.

Jesus, your faithfulness in prayer gives me my example to follow. Guide me, Lord. Give me the strength and the will to imitate your careful attention to prayer. Make me "A Solitary Woman" ....alone with You. In Jesus name, amen.

Blessings on your day,
Sharon Schutte

1 comment: